Open mobile menu
Blog Kantoor Virtuele Receptie Medialaan

How much money could a virtual reception area save your company?

More and more companies are working with a digital reception area. Not only to create a unique visitor experience, but also to reduce costs. Receptionists will soon be working differently by performing tasks that add greater value, such as building and fleet management or travel management.

What is the financial return of a virtual reception area vs. the cost of a classic reception? Time to crunch the numbers.

The average “classic” reception costs €115.500

An average reception area has one to two reception staff. One full-time employee is insufficient because continuity or operation during the opening hours of the company (which may far exceed the 38-hour week), absenteeism and leave must be taken into account.

The total operating cost of an experienced London-based receptionist is around €77.000 per year, consisting of €55.000 in wages plus 40% overhead for SMEs. To guarantee continuity of the reception area, you need 1.5 FTE, which means the costs for a reception area are on average €115.500 per year.

A virtual reception costs €14.280

A smart doorbell that welcomes visitors, opens the door and gives clear instructions to suppliers costs €1.020 per year. A visitor management system that works without the help of reception staff costs €3.900 per year. A smart parcel box that acts as a self-service for couriers and suppliers costs on average €5.220 per year (for larger companies with more suppliers and couriers, this is €8.320 per year on average). An external professional telephone service that answers and transfers calls 24/7, costs an average of €4.140 per year.

92% of the tasks are repetitive and can be automated

A virtual reception area usually automates and digitises 92% of the repetitive reception staff tasks. The remaining 8% are exceptional tasks that always remain intact, which means 8% of the cost of the reception staff remains (these can be carried out by the former receptionist or another staff member).

An average return of €91.980 per year

The average saving a company can achieve with a virtual reception is therefore €91.980 per year. This is the cost of €115.500 for the “traditional” reception minus the cost of the digital reception at €14.280, with exception management costing €9.240.

This provides a significant return of nearly €459.900 over five years. Today, there are few departments within an organisation where digitisation and automation offer such a large ROI.

Blog Opbrengst Virtuele Receptie Rekenmachine

Find out what a virtual reception does for your company